- Rehydrate dried mushrooms in vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer and then turn off heat, cover and let rest.
- While the mushrooms are rehydrating, heat a pan over a medium heat. Once hot, add a dash of water with the onion and saute for five minutes.
- Then add garlic and continue cooking for another two- three minutes.
- Add the arrowroot powder and stir so all the onion is coated.
- Next add the herbs and mushrooms with their broth, reserving a little.
- Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the gravy to the blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Return the gravy to the pan and warm through. If you want the gravy to be a little lighter in both colour and flavour, add some almond milk.