- 3-4 medium eggplants
- 1 sprig dried thyme
- 500 g mushrooms (brown and sliced)
- 1 pinch nutmeg (freshly ground)
- 1 twist black pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
- 5 dl vegan béchamel sauce Make according to OMS friendly recipes on our website.
- 500 g tomato sauce
- 1 packet lasagna pasta sheets
- 50 g nutritional yeast
- Begin by preparing the vegetables.
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise about 1cm thick. Season with dried thyme and salt.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and grill the eggplant until well-marked on both sides and they are softened. Reserve.
- Lightly season the mushrooms with salt. Add them in batches to a non-stick sauté pan and cook over medium-high heat until soften and cooked through. Reserve.
- Heat the tomato sauce and the béchamel sauce (see our recipes).
- Now, begin constructing the lasagna by placing a ladle of béchamel sauce on the bottom of your pan (try a pan about 25cm x 30cm).
- Lay down a layer of uncooked pasta sheets on the béchamel.
- Now, place a layer of your eggplant on the pasta, then top with tomato sauce.
- Add another light coating of béchamel sauce, then another layer of pasta sheets.
- Add a light coating of tomato sauce, then the mushrooms.
- Add a final layer of pasta sheets, then top with tomato sauce.
- The final topping will combine béchamel with the nutritional yeast. Make sure they are mixed together well then top the lasagna.
- Bake at 180° C for about 25 minutes. The lasagna is done when a knife can be easily inserted through the pasta sheets.
- Cool slightly, brush with olive oil and portion or enjoy right away.