- 1/2 cucumber Baby cucumbers would be best but normal cucumber is fine. Use 3 baby cucumbers.
- 250 g radish
- 15 g mint (fresh)
- 25 g flat leaf parsley
- 4 tomatoes heirloom tomatoes look great but any variety is fine. I've used cherry tomatoes here.
- 3 pita bread OMS friendly
- 125 g pomegranate seeds or seeds from 2 pomegranates
- 1/2 romaine lettuce
- 1/2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or 1/2 lemon worth
- 1 tsp sumac
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses (optional)
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Make the pita chips: cut pita bread into into wedges, add spices and salt and arrange on baking sheet on baking paper. Bake at 350 F / 180 C for 15 - 20 minutes
2. Slice radish, cucumber, lettuce and cut or halve the tomatoes. You can alternate peeling the outside of the cucumber for a pleasant look.
3. Add pomegranate seeds, mint and parsley to the other ingredients in a salad bowl.
4. Make the dressing by combining extra virgin olive oil, garlic, vinegar, sumac and lemon juice. Shake to emulsify.
5. Sprinkle salad with sumac and add the pita chips and pour the dressing over when you're ready to eat to prevent it going soggy.
Good quality, fresh produce and herbs really brings this recipe to life.
Sumac is a tangy, lemony spice often used in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cooking.
Pomegranate molasses are optional.