Fluffy Cinnamon Buns
These cinnamon buns make a great breakfast treat or mid afternoon snack. They are light, fluffy and indulgent. The recipe is based on a recipe from lazycatkitchen.com and the picture was kindly sent in by Ann.
Ingredients List for people
- Mix the flour, salt, yeast and 2 tbsps of brown sugar in a large mixing bowl
- Pour in 300ml of lukewarm (not cold!) almond milk and stir everything together. Then add 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- When the mixture has combine together turn it out on to a work surface.
- Knead the mixture by holding one end of the dough in one hand and stretching it out with the other hand. Then turn it 90 degrees and start again. Repeat this for 10 minutes.
- When the dough is shiny and smooth, put it in a large mixing bowl, coat in a thin layer of olive oil and cover the bowl with a tea towel.
- Leave this in a warm place for between one and two hours (until it has doubled in size)
- Empty the dough out on to a work surface and push the air out with your fingertips.
- Roll the dough flat until it is 40-45 cm wide and 18-20cm high.
- Coat the dough in olive oil making sure to cover the entire dough.
- Sprinkle a layer of sugar on the dough and then a layer of cinnamon.
- Starting from the bottom, roll the dough tightly so that at the end you have one horizontal "dough snake".
- Cut the dough into 12 segments and place them on an oiled baking tray, leaving 1-2cm between each bun.
- Cover with a tea towel and leave the buns to prove again for another hour. During this time preheat the oven to 180 C /350 F
- Place the buns in the oven to bake for 18-20 mins
- While the buns are baking, create the glaze by warming the remaining almond milk, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small saucepan
- Take the buns out of the oven when they are lovely and golden and glaze them while they are still hot. Use all the glaze and let it seep into the buns and the gaps between them.