- Heat the cooked chickpeas in 1 dl / 100 ml of water (use the cooking water if you cooked your own chickpeas).
- Place the warmed chickpeas and the water in a food processor. Blend until mostly pureed.
- Stir up the tahini in its jar until well blended. Place the tahini in the food processor with the chickpeas and blend together with the lemon juice, garlic, spices and chopped parsley. Process until well blended.
- Season to taste with sea salt.
- Serve in a bowl topped with olive oil and paprika (if saving for later, be sure to cover with a piece of plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming on top).
Remember, after one day the intensity of the spices will increase, so go easy on the cayenne pepper.
Watch Jack McNulty’s step-by-step video instructions