- 1 cup spinach (can use equivalent frozen)
- 200 g salmon (skin and bones removed)
- 1 tsp curry paste (madras or vindaloo, oil free)
- 1 medium spring onion (finely chopped)
- 0.5 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 shake sea salt
- 1 small loaf bread (of your choice toasted, rye is nice)
- 1 sprinkling lettuce
- 1 sprinkling cucumber
- 1 sprinkling avocado
- 1 dash indian relish (or chutney, mango is good)
- Wilt spinach in boiling water, drain and squeeze very dry and chop. Alternatively use defrosted frozen spinach.
- Place salmon in food processor and pulse a few times. Don't puree, it needs to be chopped but not a paste.
- Mix salmon, spinach, bread crumbs, spring onions and curry paste lightly with a fork and season with salt.
- Make into six patties.
- Fry patties in pan lined with baking paper (parchment) for 2 minutes each side. No oil needed.
- Serve on toasted bread topped with mashed avocado, lettuce, cucumber with relish on side.
- Coriander is a nice garnish.
Thanks to Wendy, one of our forum members, for the delicious recipe.