Lemon Meringue Pie
This pie recipe is taken from the OMS cook book. Thanks to Melissa for sharing her picture.
Ingredients List for people
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Process the oats, brown sugar and olive oil in a food processor and press into a 20cm pie dish. Bake for 10 mins and then remove form oven.
- To make the lemon curd, combine 1 cup of sugar, milk, orange juice and salt in a saucepan over a medium heat and bring to the boil and keep stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Whisk in the cornflour and continue to whisk until the mixture is thick. Remove from the heat and mix in the lemon juice and zest.
- Pour the curd over the crust.
- Beat the egg whites in a large bowl until soft peaks form, then slowly add the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar, whisking to form a thick meringue.
- Spoon the meringue over the curd, making peaks. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the meringue is slightly brown.
- Set aside to cool and then refrigerate.