- Preheat the oven to 180 C and line a loaf tin with grease proof paper.
- Heat a frying pan and cook the onion and garlic, adding a little water to sauté until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and carrot and cook for another five minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and use a masher to help combine.
- Don't over-mash, just enough so that the mixture comes together.
- Add a drop of water if the mixture is too dry, if it's too wet, add more oats.
- Transfer the mixture into a loaf tin and cook for 40-45 mins, until the outside develops a crust and the inside is firm.