This dish does require a lot of chopping, however it is possible to purchase pre cut carrots and onion in most frozen sections of supermarkets.
Ingredients List for people
- Add the onion, celery and carrot, all finely chopped, and gently saute for 10 mins with a dash of water.
- Stir in the garlic, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, bay leaf, hot vegetable stock and red lentils
- Cover and simmer for 15 mins, stirring from time to time
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions, then drain, reserving 3 tbsp cooking water
- Stir that into the sauce with the fresh or dried basil, and serve with the pasta
- Add some freshly ground black pepper and fresh basil leaves, if you like.