- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F
- Slice the eggplants in half lengthways and score the flesh in a diamond pattern, taking care not to cut through the skin.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper and lay the aubergines on top, cut sides up.
- Mix the miso, honey, soy sauce, ginger and garlic with 2-3 tablespoons of water to make a smooth paste.
- Brush over the eggplant flesh and roast for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and soft.
- Sprinkle with the scallions, sesame seeds and sesame oil and serve.