Try this delicious stroganoff recipe. Huge thanks to Rachel Detroit for sharing this recipe of hers, with us!
Ingredients List for people
- 1 medium onion yellow onion, sliced
- 10 oz mushrooms baby bella mushrooms (really, any mushroom will work) cut in half or fourths
- 8 ounces pasta about 4 cups cooked (see recipe for different cooking process depending on which type of pasta is used)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp black pepper plus more to taste
- 1/3 cup almond butter or cashew butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped to top
- 1/2 tsp salt to taste
- Add 1/8 cup of water to a large pot over medium heat. Add in the sliced onions and cook until translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- If you are using lentil or bean pasta, cook it per the directions on the box and add the pasta in at the end. If you are using whole grain pasta, add the pasta in at the beginning of the recipe, uncooked.
- In a pot, add mushrooms, broth, nutritional yeast, and black pepper (possibly pasta ).
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to medium-low and let simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure nothing sticks to the bottom
- Turn off heat, then stir in the nut butter and lemon juice. Incorporate well.
- Add salt as desired.
- Top with freshly chopped parsley and black pepper and enjoy!