- In a bowl, mix together the flour, yeast and salt.
- Add the maple syrup to the water and mix together.
- Pour the warm water into the flour and bring together with a fork.
- Tip out onto a lightly floured work surface, and with floured hands bring the dough together into a ball and knead lightly until smooth. The dough will be quite soft.
- Lightly oil a clean bowl with a little olive oil. Place the ball of dough into the bowl, then cover the bowl with a clean damp cloth and leave to one side to rise for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn out the dough onto a floured surface and divide into four even pieces.
- Heat up a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Roll out the first naan into a round shape and place into the hot pan. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles in the dough start appearing and the bread is golden brown underneath. Then flip and cook the other side.
You can find more of Gillian's recipes here on Instagram.