You can find more of Gillian's recipes here on Instagram.
These breads are a great accompaniment to your curry. You can even get your kids involved with the kneading process!
Thanks to Gillian for sharing this recipe.
Ingredients List for people
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, yeast and salt.
- Add the maple syrup to the water and mix together.
- Pour the warm water into the flour and bring together with a fork.
- Tip out onto a lightly floured work surface, and with floured hands bring the dough together into a ball and knead lightly until smooth. The dough will be quite soft.
- Lightly oil a clean bowl with a little olive oil. Place the ball of dough into the bowl, then cover the bowl with a clean damp cloth and leave to one side to rise for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn out the dough onto a floured surface and divide into four even pieces.
- Heat up a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Roll out the first naan into a round shape and place into the hot pan. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles in the dough start appearing and the bread is golden brown underneath. Then flip and cook the other side.