- 2.5 cups almond milk
- 8 medjool dates room temperature, pits removed
- 2/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 3 cups cashew nuts cold, unsalted (soaked over night for at least an hour, drained & rinsed)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence (pure)
- 1 large pinch salt (pink)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (pure)
- 1/2 cup flaxseed oil
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- Place all your ingredients in the fridge the night before so everything's cold for when you start. This is to avoid heating the flaxseed oil in the high speed blender.
- Add everything except cacao nibs to your blender and whiz till you reach a thick and creamy consistency. If using a Nutri-bullet or a smaller blender you'll need to do this in two batches.
- Pour the creamy mixture into a large bowl and mix in the cacao nibs with a spatula.
- Have your ice lolly (popsicle) molds ready to spoon in your mixture till full and add the sticks in.
- If you have 6 molds, you will have some mixture left over which you can put in a separate container.
- Leave in the freezer overnight.
- When ready hold your ice-block in the mold under warm water to release it. After a few minutes it should slide out.
Calling all chocoholics! These vegan, OMS-friendly choc chip ice lollies are delicious - perfect for a hot summer's day or whenever you're craving something sweet. Recipe supplied by Simonne from Staying Healthy with MS.
Equipment: You'll need 6 to 8 ice lolly molds and a high speed blender.