OMS-friendly Christmas Fruit Cake
Celebrate this Christmas with a delicious, OMS-friendly fruit cake. thanks to Kaye for this recipe.
Ingredients List for people
- The day before cooking, place dried fruit, lemon zest and orange juice in a saucepan and bring just to the boil. Remove to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and leave to soak overnight.
- The next day, heat oven to 150°C. Line a 20cm cake tin with cooking paper.
- Stir vanilla, baking soda, mixed spice, ground almonds and flour into the dried fruit mixture.
- Spread cake mixture into prepared cake tin. Bake for 2 hours or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in tin for 30 minutes before removing cake to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.