- To make the mincemeat firstly wash, core and chop the apples.
- Place in a medium sized pan with all the other ingredients, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Make sure the apple is mushy.
- Stir well to combine, taste and add more spices if needed.
- Leave to cool.
- While the mixture is cooling, sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Stir in the sugar and add the pecan nut butter and lightly rub in with your finger tips, until it's incorporated and has a breadcrumb like texture.
- Pour in 4 1/2 tbsps of water and bring together with your hands to form a soft dough. Add the final drops of water if required.
- Knead gently to make sure everything is well combined, then place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Roll the dough out onto a sheet of greaseproof paper and cut out circles to fit whatever baking tin you're using to make your mine pies.
- Place the circles into the tin and fill with cooled mincemeat.
- Roll out the remaining dough and cut out enough lids to top. You can either keep them as circles or try making stars!
- Brush with soya milk and place on top of each of the pie bases.
- Cut a small hole in the centre of the pastry lids to let the steam escape.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then turn the tray and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
Please find more of Karen's tasty creations on her own website https://thesensitivefoodiekitchen.com/