- Begin by making the carrot puree. Peel and dice the carrots and then steam until soft.
- Leave to cool in the steamer pan and retain some steamer water.
- Weigh out 120g cooked carrot and transfer into a blender. Add a little of the steaming water and blend until smooth.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 C. Line a baking sheet with non stick baking paper.
- Add the flour, baking powder, ground flaxseed, salt, sugar and raisins to a large bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Add the carrot puree and 6 tbsp's of milk. Bring together into a soft dough, first with a spoon and then with your hands. If the mix is too dry, carefully add the remaining milk.
- Leave to sand for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle a little extra flour on the work surface. Place the dough on the flour and gently flatten it to approx 5cm thickness with your hands. Grab a cookie cutter and use it to cut out 6-7 scones. Transfer to your baking tray.
- Bring the reaming dough together and flatten again to 5cm thickness, You should be able to get another 2-3 scones out of this. Add them to the baking tray.
- Glaze the top of your scones with a little extra milk and a sprinkle of sugar (optional).
- Bake in the oven for 14 minutes until the scones are firm to touch and a cocktail stick comes out clean.
These scones can be stored in an air-tight container for up to 4 days or frozen.
To enjoy more of Karen's recipe, visit her website: The Sensitive Foodie