- Heat the oven to 180 C/ 350 F.
- Take a large oven tray and line with non-stick baking parchment.
- Chop one lemon in half and each half into four and place on oven tray.
- Trim the Brussel sprouts and cut into quarters (or halves if very small). Add to the tray
- Add the gnocchi, red onions, some salt and black pepper and give everything a light spray of extra virgin olive oil.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes stirring once during cooking, until the gnocchi have plumped up and the Brussel sprouts are tender and starting to brown.
- Carefully scoop out the softened lemon pulp from the roasted lemon pieces and stir through the gnocchi.
- Scatter over the sun-dried tomatoes, the zest of the remaining half a lemon and an extra squeeze of lemon juice. Check the seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve in warmed bowls, with an extra drizzle of extra virgin olive oil if you like
- Potato gnocchi can be found in the chilled section of your supermarket. Just check the ingredients to make sure they are OMS compliant.
- Look for sun-dried tomatoes in extra virgin olive oil, or in vacuum packs. If preserved in extra virgin olive oil, you could use a little of the oil from the jar for cooking and drizzling to add even more flavour.
- Try finishing with some finely grated orange zest and a squeeze of orange juice instead of the lemon for a slightly sweeter taste.