- 400 ml low-salt vegetable stock
- 4 garlic cloves , finely sliced
- 400 g cherry tomatoes , halved
- 2 x 400 g cannellini beans , drained and rinsed
- 300 g cooked prawns
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 2 lemons cut into wedges
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- A handful of parsley , chopped (optional)
- Sauté the garlic gently in some of the vegetable stock in a large non-stick pan until softened.
- Add the tomatoes and continue to cook for 2 minutes until they start to break down. Add a little more stock if required.
- Add the beans and 300 ml of the stock, bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the prawns and heat through until piping hot.
- Sprinkle with chilli flakes, drizzle with olive oil (if using) and finally scatter over the chopped parsley (if using).
- Serve in warm bowls with lemon wedges and crusty bread.
- If you prefer to cook your own cannellini beans, you will need to start with 200 g / 7 oz of beans (dry weight).