If desired, top this dessert with OMS friendly ice cream or yogurt.
Oranges In Cinnamon and Nutmeg Syrup
This is a very simple dish that is fresh and light, a perfect way to end a dinner party with rich meals.
Ingredients List for people
- Using a vegetable peeler, remover wide strips of zest from the oranges.
- Peel the remaining oranges and slice the oranges crosswise.
- Place the sugar, spices, peel and 150ml of water in a saucepan.
- Gently heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for five minutes.
- Add the sliced oranges and the alcohol, if using.
- Let the oranges simmer in the syrup for about 10 minutes.
- Serve warm