Pasta with green veg and beans
This simple pasta dish is great to make on a week night to feed the family! Thanks to Linda for sharing this recipe.
Ingredients List for people
- 350 g pasta
- 500 g asparagus
- 1 broccoli or 10 frozen florets
- 1 zucchini
- 1 avocado ripe
- 200 g cashew nuts or brazil nuts or almonds
- lemon juice to taste
- flaxseed oil
- soy milk or any other plant based milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 butter beans can of
- 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Start by washing the vegetables and then cut the asparagus into small pieces and chop off the hard ends.
- Mince the courgette into small pieces
- Put the asparagus, courgette and broccoli into a pan with a bit of water and steam for about 8 minutes until it is hot but not too soft.
- Add some slat and pepper and continue to cook until soft.
- For the sauce, add your chosen nuts and garlic into a food processor and mince until fine. Add the avocado, lemon juice, basil, yeast, a dash of flaxseed oil and a dash of milk until you get a creamy pesto sauce.
- Cook the pasta according to the package.
- Heat the beans in a sauce pan with the tomato puree and mixed herbs.
- Mix the green veg and beans through the pasta, place in a bowl and then top with sauce.