Please note that all nuts except peanuts are advocated on the OMS Recovery Program. They are a great source of protein and healthier fats, however cashews contain more saturated fat than other nuts and thus should be consumed in smaller quantities.
Pineapple Rice with Cashews
This tasty rice based dish is packed with veg the pineapple and soy sauce offers a sweet and sour flavor.
Ingredients List for people
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook your rice until soft.
- Dry fry the onion, adding a little water if it starts to stick.
- Once it has started to colour, add the garlic and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Add the carrots, corn and peas and cook until the veg is tender. Add more water if it keeps sticking.
- Stir in the rice, pineapple, cashews and spring onions.
- Pour over the soy sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Allow to cook for another 5 mins and then serve immediately.