- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook your rice until soft.
- Dry fry the onion, adding a little water if it starts to stick.
- Once it has started to colour, add the garlic and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Add the carrots, corn and peas and cook until the veg is tender. Add more water if it keeps sticking.
- Stir in the rice, pineapple, cashews and spring onions.
- Pour over the soy sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Allow to cook for another 5 mins and then serve immediately.
Please note that all nuts except peanuts are advocated on the OMS Recovery Program. They are a great source of protein and healthier fats, however cashews contain more saturated fat than other nuts and thus should be consumed in smaller quantities.