- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red chilli
- 3 cardamom pods
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 100 g red lentils
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 prawns bag of
- 3 tbsp non-dairy yoghurt
- Saute your chopped onions in a little water, adding more when they stick.
- Add your ginger, garlic and chilli into a pestle and mortar and mix together.
- Bash your cardamom pods and remove the seeds inside and add with the rest of the spices.
- Add the spices with the tomatoes, stock, lentils, sugar and vinegar to the pan.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the prawns and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the yogurt and serve with rice, breads and chutneys.
Impress with a rice island by spooning the rice into a ramekin and turning it out onto your plate. Instant food glamour!