- Heat up a pan and add the finely chopped onion, celery and carrot with a dash of your stock, cooking gently for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, the remaining stock and red lentils.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for around 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions, then drain.
- Stir the spaghetti into the sauce and add basil, salt and pepper.
You can make extra lentil ragu and freeze for a quick and easy dinner at a later point. Just defrost overnight and then reheat in a pan with a splash of water.