- Heat oven to 180C / 356 F.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper or silicone non-stick mat.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, and tip onto a surface covered with kitchen roll to blot them dry.
- In a bowl, combine the oil and spices. (If cooking with children they can help measure out the spices and use clean hands to mix up in a owl)
- Then add the chickpeas stirring well to coat them completely.
- Tip them onto lined baking tray and bake for 35-45 mins moving them around halfway through so they dry evenly and are crunchy.
- Once cooled, they can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Experiment with flavours – you could try instead of the olive oil, some soy sauce and miso; or go down the ‘sweeter’ route with cinnamon and ground nutmeg or all spice?