- 400 g canned chickpeas drained
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup couscous
- green beans packet of (or any other green veg of choice)
- cherry tomatoes handful, halved
- pea shoots or any other salad leaves
- cashew nuts or any nut of choice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 red chilli chopped
- Heat the oven to 180 C and add the drained chickpeas to a baking dish.
- Drizzle olive oil and add your cumin and garlic powder. Season and then roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile boil your kettle and place your couscous in a bowl. Pour the boiling water to the same level as your couscous and place a tea towel over the bowl and allow the couscous to absorb the water.
- Once the water has absorbed, fluff the couscous with a fork and leave to cool.
- Steam your green beans, or other chosen green veg, until soft.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce and add chopped chilli's and a dash of garlic powder.
- Start to assemble your salad box by adding your chosen leaves, your cherry tomatoes, couscous, roasted chickpeas and green beans.
- Finish by adding a spoonful of hummus and your favorite nuts and then drizzle over the dressing.