- Preheat the oven to 180 C/160 Fan/350 F.
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, halve the peppers lengthways and carefully scrape out the seeds and white membrane. Place the pepper halves in a baking tin big enough for them to sit snugly in.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cooked rice, drained chickpeas, the passata and 2 tbsps of the chopped parsley. Taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking with salt and pepper.
- Fill the pepper halves with the mixture, and place in the oven.
- Bake for 25 - 30 mins or until the peppers are soft.
- Sprinkle with the remaining chopped parsley and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil if you like.
- Serve hot with a crisp green salad alongside.
1. Feel free to swap out the rice for any grain of your choice - quinoa, orzo pasta, couscous etc.
2. The chickpeas could also be replaced with kidney beans, black beans, lentils etc.
3. Add a little chili to the mix if you like to spice things up!
4. You could also sprinkle nutritional yeast on the top or a vegan Parmesan alternative e.g. https://minimalistbaker.com/how-to-make-vegan-parmesan-cheese/