- Mix soy sauce, sambal, sugar, rice wine vinegar, cornflour and blend together.
- Marinate prawns in this before cooking.
- Prepare rice as usual and allow to absorb water.
- 20 minutes before rice is ready, dry fry garlic and ginger (with a touch of water) and add snow peas.
- Add prawns and marinade.
- Prepare Asian greens separately until they lose volume (steam or stirfry in a little water).
- Mix in with prawns and toss together.
A sambal is an Indonesean or Malaysian hot sauce made with chilis and other ingredients such as vinegar water and shrimp paste . You can substitute with chili paste or chili sauce like Tabasco or Siracha, make sure to avoid oil in the chili sauce.