- 50 g pecan nut butter or any other nut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp Japanese rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- fresh ginger thumb size, peeled and grated
- 1 garlic cloves crushed
- 150 g spring onion finely sliced
- 1 chili seeds removed, finely sliced
- 2 cup mixed vegetables such as capsicum, green beans, corn, carrot
- 1 cup green veg such as pak choi, kale, broccoli
- 1 cup peas
- udon noodles or any noodles of your choice
- coriander finely chopped
- Put all the sauce ingredients, nut butter, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, rice wine vinegar, white wine, tamarind paste, ginger and garlic in a heatproof jug and mix well.
- Heat 1 Tbsp water in a pan with the spring onions.
- Sauté over a medium heat stirring occasionally for five minutes, adding a little more water if it starts to stick.
- Add the chili (if using) and mixed vegetables to the pan and continue to cook for another five minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add the greens and continue cooking until the greens soften, another five minutes or so.
- Pour the sauce from the jug over the vegetables in the pan.
- Rinse the jug with an extra ½ cup of boiling water from the kettle and add to the pan.
- Stir to combine and continue cooking until the sauce is simmering, adding a little hot water if the vegetables need more.
- Serve over noodles garnished with coriander.