Satay vegetables with noodles
This noodle dish is great for using up any leftover vegetables you might have in your fridge.
Thanks to Rachel for sharing this dish.
Ingredients List for people
- 50 g pecan nut butter or any other nut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp Japanese rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- fresh ginger thumb size, peeled and grated
- 1 garlic cloves crushed
- 150 g spring onion finely sliced
- 1 chili seeds removed, finely sliced
- 2 cup mixed vegetables such as capsicum, green beans, corn, carrot
- 1 cup green veg such as pak choi, kale, broccoli
- 1 cup peas
- udon noodles or any noodles of your choice
- coriander finely chopped
- Put all the sauce ingredients, nut butter, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, rice wine vinegar, white wine, tamarind paste, ginger and garlic in a heatproof jug and mix well.
- Heat 1 Tbsp water in a pan with the spring onions.
- Sauté over a medium heat stirring occasionally for five minutes, adding a little more water if it starts to stick.
- Add the chili (if using) and mixed vegetables to the pan and continue to cook for another five minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add the greens and continue cooking until the greens soften, another five minutes or so.
- Pour the sauce from the jug over the vegetables in the pan.
- Rinse the jug with an extra ½ cup of boiling water from the kettle and add to the pan.
- Stir to combine and continue cooking until the sauce is simmering, adding a little hot water if the vegetables need more.
- Serve over noodles garnished with coriander.