Sweet Potato and Quinoa Chilli
A simple and hearty chili, packed with flavour and spice! Recipe kindly sent in by OMS Circle Ambassador Vickie.
Ingredients List for people
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2-3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup sweetcorn frozen
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup quinoa rinsed well
- In a large saucepan, dry saute the onions until soft. Add a tablespoon of water if the onions start to stick.
- Add the garlic and saute for two minutes more.
- Then add the chilli powder, cumin and cinnamon and heat through until the spices start to become aromatic.
- Add the sweet potato, tomatoes, beans, corn and water to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Once it has come to the boil, reduce to a simmer and leave for 15 minutes, stirring.
- Add the quinoa and simmer for a further 15 minutes. Enjoy!