Sweet Potato with Mexican Bean Salad
This comforting meal is easy to make and packed with protein. Fill the base of your baked potato with your favourite hummus and then top with the fresh bean mix.
Ingredients List for people
- 1 sweet potato
- pot hummus - made with extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red pepper chopped
- spring onions chopped
- 1 can red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can sweetcorn drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tomato chopped
- 1 can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C/ 350F.
- Pierce the potato with a fork and place in oven to bake for around 60 mins (depending on the size of the potato it could need more or less time).
- Chop the pepper, tomato and spring onion and place in a bowl with all the beans and sweetcorn.
- In a jug, mix the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, garlic, cumin and chili powder.
- Pour the dressing over the bean mixture.
- Once the potato is cooked, spoon hummus into the potato and top with bean mix.