- Drain excess water off of tofu and place it in the center of a non-stick or greased skillet.
- Using a spatula, break tofu up into thick cubes.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes, until the tofu releases its water.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Continue to cook and stir for another 5-10 minutes, breaking tofu chunks into smaller pieces so the consistency resembles scrambled eggs.
- Add a splash of non-dairy milk or lemon juice if the tofu starts to dry out or stick to the skillet.
- Once the tofu has the right consistency, is yellow in color and is thoroughly warm, add additional salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Indian - add 1/2 tsp curry and 1/2 tsp cumin powder.
Mexican - add 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp pepper, deseeded and chopped, and 1/2 tsp cumin powder.
Italian - add 1 tsp chopped fresh basil, 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley and 1/2 tsp oregano.