If you use tinned tuna and tinned potatoes you can make this with all storecupboard ingredients + some fresh salad and green beans. Use frozen beans if you have them or you could substitue for some other greens.
Tuna Nicoise Salad
This is a satisfying, salty salad! It involves lots of elements but is well worth it for a special occasion.
Ingredients List for people
- 2 handful baby spinach (can use lettuce)
- 1 tin or 2 steaks tuna
- 8 anchovy fillets
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 3 tomato
- 10 potatoes - new or baby
- handful green beans
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 onion
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic cloves - finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar - you can subs for red wine vinegar
- Wash the salad, chop the tomatoes.
- Boil the potatoes for 10 - 15 mins depending on their size.
- If using tuna steak, preheat frying pan on a high heat and cook steaks for 1-2 mins on each side (depending on thickness). You can leave it pink in the middle if that's how you like it.
- If not using steak, open and drain your tinned tuna.
- Boil the green beans for 3-5 mins (depending on how firm you like them). If you like them crunchy, plunge into cold water immediately and drain.
- Arrange the salad on the plate - add the anchovies, tuna, capers
- Make the dressing - mustard, lemon juice, garlic, onion, EV olive oil and vinegar
- Dress the salad and top with black pepper