- Bottle of natural soy yogurt, i.e. about 1 cup.
- Add 1 tsp salt or more to taste and mix together.
- Put in a piece of fine cloth, e.g. muslin, and string it up on a cupboard door handle with a bowl underneath. Leave for several hours, around four, or until you remember it later. Tip the ball into a bowl and scrape off any leaving on the cloth.
- Wash the cloth straight away.
Taste with coriander, mint, parsley, zaatar, chives or spring onion.
Labneh is used as a yogurt spread and is commonly paired with pita bread, toast, and veggies.
• Soy yoghurt − Tonzu Soy is a good one but whizz it first to get it to yogurt consistency.