- Pre heat the oven at 220 C / 425 F
- Pierce the aubergine to stop in exploding, line a baking tray with baking paper and put in the oven
- While this is cooking - add the soy sauce, lime juice, lemon juice and both vinegars into a jar and shake to mix and make the dressing. The ingredients listed will make about 150 ml and there will be some leftover.
- Grate the ginger.
- Make sure to turn the aubergine(s) regularly while cooking.
- After 20 minutes in the oven, check to see if the aubergine is soft and if it is, take it out of the oven.
- Let the aubergine cool and then slice length or width ways, whichever you prefer.
- Cover in the dressing and ginger and put in the fridge for later or serve if you are eating it now.
Serve with rice or as a starter. Adapted from the Yo! Sushi recipe.