Being diagnosed with MS can leave you uncertain about what the future holds but there is strong evidence to suggest that diet and lifestyle changes can slow the progression of MS.
The course of MS varies greatly from person to person but without any lifestyle or medical intervention, people with MS typically progress to disability over time.
Diagnosed with MS: Reasons to remain positive
While some of the statistics on MS can be frightening, it is important to remember that these figures are often a worst case scenario that can occur if nothing is done to manage the condition.
The evidence also shows that acting early, as soon as possible after diagnosis, yields the best results but it is also never too late to start making positive changes.
The Overcoming MS 7-Step Recovery Program is a scientific set of guidelines, incorporating a number of lifestyle factors that have been shown to positively benefit people with MS, improving quality of life and slowing, or even halting, its progression.
Where to start
- Read the Recovery Program section on our website
- Explore real stories of people who are following the program
- Order a copy of the Overcoming MS book
- Join an OMS Circle - local and online groups of like-minded people following the Recovery Program
- Reach out - we are here to help you. Please contact us so that we can support you on your journey