- Bring two saucepans of water to the boil, one for the macaroni and one for the peas.
- Once the peas have cooked through, drain and add three quarters to a blender with the cream, a splash of pasta water and a handful of spinach.
- Blend until you have your desired consistency, adding more peas or cream if you want the sauce thicker or thinner.
- Meanwhile, dry fry the spring onions and garlic in a pan, adding a splash of pasta water if needed to stop them sticking. Season with salt and pepper.
- After about 5 minutes, add your olive halves (if using) and let them absorb the garlic flavor.
- Add the sauce to the onion and olive mixture and allow to simmer and heat through.
- Once the macaroni has cooked, drain and add into the sauce along with the remaining peas and stir through.
- To serve, top the pasta with pea shoots and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
Here is a recipe for homemade cashew cream.