Adopting the Overcoming MS 7-Step Recovery Program is about making the decision to change your life, for life.
It involves mindful change and the decision to do everything within your power to live well.
This means taking an active approach to your health and finding the support you need to make these life changes from family, friends and other OMS members.
- Allowing your partner, family and friends to accompany you on the journey will make it easier to succeed in your recovery.
- The book Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis is an invaluable, comprehensive guide to managing your health. You can also download a number of free resources from our website to get you started.
- If you have been living with MS for some time but haven't made changes to your lifestyle, remember it’s never too late to start the OMS Recovery Program.
- OMS retreats can be a great, practical and visible way of giving you live examples of how to organise your lifestyle. It’s worth remembering that people with MS’s quality of life greatly improves after attending an OMS retreat. Retreats are currently only taking place in Australia and the UK.
- Joining the OMS community can provide you with additional support. Look to connect with other OMSers by joining an OMS Circle or using our online forums.
If you need any additional support, our team is here to help you - please do get in touch.