Adopting the Overcoming MS Program is about making the decision to change your life, for life.
Maintaining the Overcoming MS lifestyle involves a fair degree of mindful change and awareness of its effect on your condition. In this sense, you have to take ownership of it and be your own self-champion.
This means taking an active approach to your health and finding the support you need to make these life changes from family, friends and other Overcoming MS members.
It’s wise to remember it’s never too late to start the Overcoming MS Program.
Your attitude and motivation are crucial factors. Embracing the program and becoming a part of the Overcoming MS community help aid your journey with MS. Making looking after yourself a priority is also key and this alone can be difficult for many people.
Maintaining your resolve and keeping up good, new lifestyle habits in a supportive environment is part of the journey. It’s in adopting these habits that make the lifestyle changes possible and the effects can be dramatic.
Where to find support for living with MS
- Joining the Overcoming MS community can provide you with additional support. Look to connect with others following the Overcoming MS Program by joining the Live Well Hub. The Hub is the Overcoming MS community app which you can download via your app store by searching Live Well Hub - Overcoming MS and also via your browser here: https://hub.overcomingms.org/.
- Allowing your partner, family and friends to accompany you on the journey will make it easier to succeed.
- The book The Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis Handbook: Roadmap to Good Health is an invaluable, comprehensive guide to managing your health. You can also download a number of free resources from our website to get you started.
- If you have been living with MS for some time but haven't made changes to your lifestyle, remember it’s never too late to start the Overcoming MS Program.
- Listen to our Living Well with MS podcast, where each episode we chat to a different guest and explore varying aspects of the Overcoming MS Program.
- If you are new to Overcoming MS read our quick guide to get you started.
If you need any additional support, our team is here to help you - please do get in touch.